Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Rutland Special


In addition to the world's first (soon to be) Ethernet-enabled bread maker, I am also now the proud owner of the world's most ghetto netbook. I picked this puppy up on Castanet (Kelowna's version of Craigslist) for a whopping $80, which is more that I should have paid, but I must point out that when I bought it, it was still in one piece. After I got it home I found out that the DC power jack was busted, and wrapping the cord around the machine wouldn't do the trick. Not worried about losing points for style, I busted it open, hacked the end off the power adapter, and hardwired the adapter right into the laptop. The battery is toast anyway it will always need AC, and since this thing is just supposed to act as a gateway between mine and my landlord's network I wasn't worried about portability. In summary, don't ask me to fix your laptop.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, dude. Sounds like something I would do. Can always buy another jack eventually, not like a hardwiring is permanent, right?

    ReplyDelete