Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
After spending a fair bit of time on the Bluetooth thermometer and power meter projects it occurred to me how great it would be to have a universal Bluetooth data collection and logging platform that anyone could use quickly and with few or no modifications. Here is what I was thinking of:
- PIC or AVR-based
- 3-10 Channels of A2D with programmable scales
- Flexible power supply options (AC wall wart, battery, solar, etc.)
- Simple terminal-based "task" configuration
- Complete usability through any terminal program, NO software on the PC-side except for a terminal program and a Bluetooth stack. This means that it could be used on any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc) and with smartphones that support the Bluetooth COM object.
- Onboard SD/MMC card slot to allow the caching of data should the connection to the host be lost.
Just a few thoughts that have been bouncing around inside my head for the past could weeks. Maybe this weekend I'll have a chance to piece something together and a do a bit of testing. The biggest thing is probably going to be the "boot menu" through which you set up the device; I'm not really sure exactly how I'm going to code that, so if anyone has any suggestions it would be a big help.